Preview Static Gokyo Lake Trek is one of the most sought-after treks of the Everest region that drags you to the spectacular Gokyo valley and its attractions like the glacial Gokyo lakes and Gokyo Ri. This trekking provides you an opportunity to be in the vicinity of the exceptional mountains in Nepal like Mount Everest (8848 meters), Mount Lhotse (8516 meters), Mount Makalu (8463 meters), Mount Cho Oyu (8201 meters), Mt, Ama Dablam, Mount Cholatse, etc.
Gokyo Lake Trek is a good option or alternative to the EBC trek for the people who prefer to trek in solitary. The highest elevation of this trek is Gokyo Ri at 5360 meters. Gokyo Ri was considered the best viewpoint to witness the mountains of the Everest region once. With green emerald water, Gokyo lakes are the jewels of Sagarmatha National Park. This 16-day long trek takes you to the enchanting Sherpa villages like Phakding, Namche, Khumjung, Dole, Gokyo, etc., and provides you a chance of cross-culture.
Alongside dramatic peaks, Ngozumpa glacier and Khumbu glacier are also allures of this tour. The off-the-beaten trekking route of this trek has won the hearts of many solaces preferring trekkers. This trek comprises a hint of everything when it comes to nature life lush forest of juniper, oaks, pine, and rhododendron, faunas like a Himalayan goat, musk deer, snow-leopard, etc., extensive mountains, glacial lakes, glaciers, verdant hills, moraines, etc.
Gokyo Lake Trek is quite flexible and it is suitable for both seasoned and novice trekkers because of its novelty and off the beaten path. With some preparations and guidelines, this could be the perfect adventure that you have been waiting for. For Gokyo Lake Trek, you will need the Sagarmatha National Park Permit and TIMS permit which will be managed by the Greater Himalaya Team for you.
Highlights of Gokyo Lake Trek
- The spectacular sunrise views from Gokyo Ri (5357 meters).
- The panoramas of Mount Everest (8848 meters), Mount Makalu (8463 meters), Mount Cho Oyu (8201 meters), and Mount Lhotse (8516 meters).
- The dense forest of rhododendron, magnolia, fir, oaks, etc.
- The stunningly gorgeous Gokyo lakes.
- Magnificent landscape of Gokyo lakes with snow-covered peaks in the backdrop.
- Sightseeing of Pashupatinath, Swayambhunath, Boudhanath, etc.
- Marvelous views of the Himalayas from Everest View Hotel (3870 meters).
- A glimpse of the lifestyle and culture of local Sherpas in Khumjung village, Machhermo, and Namche Bazar.
- Peek of flora and fauna of Sagarmatha National Park.
- Ngozumpa and other glacial lakes.
- Awesome views and tranquility of Gokyo lakes.
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu Airport
Day 02: Sightseeing tour of UNESCO world heritage sites in Kathmandu valley (With a proficient guide)
Day 03: Kathmandu to Lukla (2800 meters) domestic flight (40 minutes), Lukla to Phakding trek (1.5 hours).
Day 04: Phakding to Namche Bazar (3400 meters) trek (5 hours)
Day 05: Acclimatization day in Namche Bazar: Explore Namche Bazar
Day 06: Trek to Dole (4200 meters) from Namche Bazar (5 hours)
Day 07: Trek to Maccherma (4470 meters) from Dole (4 hours)
Day 08: Acclimatization/ Exploration in Maccherma
Day 09: Hike to Gokyo Lake (4790 meters): About 5 hours of trek
Day 10: Hike to Gokyo Ri at 5360 meters (Aim for sunrise views); About 4 hours
Day 11: Trek to Khumjung village (3780 meters) from Gokyo Ri (7 hours)
Day 12: Trek to Manjo (2835 meters) from Khumjung village (6 hours)
Day 13: Manjo to Lukla 5-hour trek
Day 14: Lukla to Kathmandu domestic flight, Arrival in Kathmandu airport
Day 15: Final farewell from Kathmandu Airport